Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Boating

Last summer, Eric's parents decided to co-own a boat with another family in the area, and today, they took us for a ride!
 Anytime the front seat was open, Aaron jumped in to try and drive :)
When we first got there, the three of us got on the raft to find a nice place to stop and eat.
Aaron enjoyed riding on the raft but for some reason preferred to look backward...



 I offered Eric the rest of my chips and when he declined, Aaron quietly reached up and took them from me.
I looked down to see so many wrappers ... and his wrap! 
Don't worry, it does get eaten, though in an act of cannibalism. But more on that later...



Then Eric and I went on the raft ourselves.
This was a blast for 2 reasons. One being, well, the fact that it was fun. The other was watching how much fun Aaron had watching us on the raft!
Eric accidentally left his sunglasses atop his head (he does this all the time) and when I noticed, I snatched them and stuffed them in my life jacket (he also loses them all the time and I did not desire to pick out another pair for him) ... not the most comfortable place for sunglasses... just saying.

After watching us, Aaron wanted to get on again, but this time he was more adventurous. He tried standing (yikes!), laying, kneeling, and he wanted to touch the water as we went.





At the dock, when we went back in, there were lots of ducks! Aaron wanted to feed them sooooooooooo bad, so we grabbed his uneaten wrap and started handing him bits of tortilla to feed them. When the tortilla was gone, I made the mistake of looking away only to find when I turned back that Aaron was throwing fist fulls of vegetables and, dare I say it, turkey (CANNIBALS!) to the ducks who eagerly lapped it up.
At one point, the ducks were super bold and tried to snatch food right from his hand which gave him a fright.
I explained the ducks simply wanted food and he calmed back down.










Thank you  Oregon for staying in the 90's for so long - you can go back to being mild temperatures and welcome fall in now ... And thank you Gramma and Grampa so much for the fun trip! We look forward to doing this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!