Wednesday, April 1, 2015

My Favorite Smudge

I saw this today and thought I'd share it with you...
Do you see it? The black smudge right there?

This smudge is on several of Eric's shirts in the pectoral/shoulder area.
If it's on one of his nicer shirts - the kind he'd wear to work - I try to scrub it out, but if it's in a shirt he'd just wear around the house, I don't work as hard and sometimes the smudge sticks.

Can you guess what it is?

It's a cry mark.

When I get upset, Eric pulls me in close and holds me as I cry. He always encourages me to continue crying and not cut it short. And he never judges my reason for crying (if there even is a reason...). If I'm wearing make-up, I leave a smudge every time. I love seeing these marks because it's a physical representation of how compassionate and tender Eric is. I always apologize after making the smudge, but he never makes a big deal out of it - he knows my comfort is more important than a smudge on his clothes.

Thank you, sweetheart, for always putting me first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!