Thursday, April 30, 2015

My Angels

Today was a pretty hard day ...
I had a melt-down over something completely meaningless. 
But ya know, when hormones hit, all you can really do is ride them out and wait for them to pass.

I sunk to the floor against the wall in the hallway upstairs and began to cry. The instant the first sob/gasp for air escaped my lips, I could hear Aaron call out my name and start racing up the stairs to find me. He came right up to me and asked if I was hurt. I replied that no, I wasn't hurt, I was just sad. He proceeded to give me hugs, stroke my hair, and raced off to get me a car, because toys always help you feel better. He then looked at me. He tenderly took my hand and gently said, "I know you're sad ... but I know everything will be ok. Hold my hand and don't let go - I'll keep you safe." This caused me to cry even harder as you can imagine and soon I was in need of a tissue. I asked Aaron to go grab one for me and he, slightly confused, repeated the request. I acknowledged that I did indeed want him to go grab me a tissue and he said, "Ok Mama, but I'll be right back to hold your hand!"

Later, I was sitting on the floor in our living room. Not necessarily sad, but definitely not myself. Audrey came up to me sensing something was wrong. She rubbed my shoulder and gently cupped my chin. She then said what I can only imagine were words of comfort in her own language and proceeded to give me a hug and a kiss.

Thank you, God, for giving me such precious angels who take care of me as much as I take care of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!