Wednesday, October 2, 2013

SHOWER!!!

I got a shower today! *does happy shower dance*

What? Don't look at me like that ... every mother, especially a mother of 2 or more kids realizes what a triumph it is to be able to take a shower, alone, without having to call a babysitter for the occasion.

Things have been c.r.a.z.y lately! It is amazing how 1 week of vacation takes 3 weeks of recovery and reset for a child. (no wonder we never went on vacation as kids - 7 kids at 3 weeks of reset *shudder*) Seriously, this summer has been incredible with how much my family has visited and how much we have visited my family and Eric's family - we have been quite blessed with how much family time we've had. However, Aaron's poor little system is overloaded! Right now, he has the hardest time with naps and bed time - what used to be soooooo easy is now soooooo difficult! He is also against the potty (if you come visit and see a puddle on the ground, ask me before stepping in it ... okay?). I don't get it, but apparently it is extremely common for kids to struggle after a change in their routine. And
poor Audrey - well, she is teething... she is running warm and has a super hard time eating and even harder time sleeping alone. She finds solace in being held and sucking/chewing on a binkie and her hand - as in the entire fist shoved in her tiny mouth.

But today? Bliss ... they both slept! It was a challenge, but we did it! So me and my pre-birth weight self (did I just slip that in there? hehe - I finally beat the last 10lbs and am at my pre-birth weight! s'bout time!) climbed in the shower. Please don't ask how long it's been since I last showered - you won't enjoy the answer. When Eric is home, showering, sadly, doesn't often occur to me - I'd much rather spend time with him or sleep (p.s. A shout-out to my amazing husband who lets me sleep on the weekends!). My chronic fatigue is so difficult to manage right now. But we're looking for things to make it better seeing as I can't take my medication while pregnant or brestfeeding ... so there goes medicine for the next 5 years or so of my life. Got any ideas for me? Heck, while we're at it, got any ideas for me regarding Aaron sleeping and pooping? We've tried all sorts of things to make it more fun, we've tried keeping him up later, we've tried putting him down earlier ... at this point, we are fasting and praying and waiting for the lightbulb to come on - perhaps the lightbulb will come from one of you nice readers?

Anyway - I am definitely grateful for the small things... synchronized naps and showers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!