Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Take Chances, Make Mistakes, Get Messy

Hello World,

I would like to take the time to rant about Pinterest - not the site it's self, but the people that use it. For those of you who don't know what it is ... for shame, go check it out! Just realize, it's addicting!

Ok, so yesterday I was trying to figure out what to do with my hair so I jumped on Pinterest to look for ideas. I came across one that I liked and did it. When I went to Young Woman's, one of the leaders pointed to me and said in a sing song voice, "Piiiiiiinterest!"  She then said she saw it and thought to herself I could never do that myself, but it's cute, and this is where my rant comes in...

You can't??? Nuh-uh.

How many Pinterest users out there simply create boards with no intention of trying things out... or wish they could make the same creations but are too scared to try???

Good heavens - there is no such thing as a mistake! You can create anything! Everyone can be creative! Get in there, get your hands dirty... for goodness sake! You may think you can fool yourself by saying I'm not crafty but you can't fool me! I would never consider myself crafty, not in a thousand years, and yet I get in there, I make my own dresses, I color my hair with chalk, I paint my nails, I try out the hair styles... heck, I try the make up even though my eye shape is bizarre!

Seriously... you can! I cannot stress this enough!


So take heart, give it a try. You may not get exactly what you were expecting, but that doesn't matter. It doesn't have to be perfect. Throw what your sewing teacher said out the window - you aren't being graded! (I hate the way crafty things are graded in school [sewing, dancing, all of it], that's one reason why I never had confidence in my sewing, but that's a rant for another time) You seriously can't mess up if you are simply trying to create. You may come up with something you like better! That has certainly happened to me!

The next step, don't be ashamed of what you made - show it off. Put it on a blog, wear your creation... You will get a MAJOR confidence boost when you do because even if you think it isn't perfect, no one else thinks that - they simply think it is gorgeous. AND you will inspire someone else - after all, that's what Pinterest is for, isn't it? I don't know where I would be without other people who share their gifts and talents... For I never would have discovered mine.

You don't have to go out and buy crafting materials, there are substitutes for just about everything that you already have at home. Give your project a little flair, add a little piece of you to it and you'll be surprised what you come out with.

I believe in you... go for it!


Love,
Jessie

2 comments:

  1. You should look at my cute foods board. Im already trying those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should look at my cute foods board. Im already trying those.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!