Friday, April 20, 2012

3 Short Steps to Mama

YAHOO!!!

Last night while Ane was here we were trying to have Aaron show her how he can stand. He did one good stand but then would simply go limp when we tried... We even turned on music but nothing worked; with the music on, he simply wanted to dance.

Then I grabbed a plastic Easter egg - he loves these Easter eggs. I had intended to hand it to him to see if it would distract him enough but I was apparently taking too long. Normally he will reach for me and fall, waiting for me to catch him... but this time he took 3 very distinct steps to get to me and grab that egg!

Then, once Ane left, Aaron was hyper - like teenage girl at 3am hyper - He was running back and forth on the couch.


It isn't uncommon for Aaron to run back and forth, but this time was different. This time he would get to point A, let go of the couch and instead of going around the corner, he would try and get to point B in a straight line.  It would take about 2-3 steps. More often than not he ended up at point C instead of point B, but he was hyper enough that it didn't matter, he just got back up, continued on his way letting go at point B and trying to get to point A. He made it several times - smart little cookie!

We are so excited that he is progressing. One day I'll have the camera ready and I'll show you all this, but for now, you'll have to be content with my retelling of the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!