Friday, September 26, 2014

I Love To See The Temple - Tender Mercies

Tonight, Eric and I had the opportunity to go to the temple. While this isn't necessarily a rare occurrence, this was a particularly enjoyable trip. He got a ride in to work this morning because he works right by the temple - the kids were sad to see him leave...
After our temple session, an older gentleman and his wife came up to Eric and I while we were out in the waiting area. He said he had spoken with Eric already to make sure it was ok and that he wanted to stop and chat with me. He said, "I wanted to let you know that you have very unique and beautiful eyes. And a lovely smile." I immediately started to cry. His wife smiled at me and they left. I don't know who he is but I know he was inspired.
My eyes and my smile are my two worst features in my mind. I don't like either of them and I've spent my entire life wishing I could change them. I've been made fun of for them so often ...
I didn't realize how badly I needed to hear this from an outside party.
Thank you random man for heeding a prompting and taking the time to speak to me. You easily could have shrugged it off and told yourself that it would be awkward to speak to a young, married woman about her looks. But you handled it well, speaking to Eric first and then me... And I'm very grateful. 
Also, we ran into our friends, Rachelle and Michael Dinwiddie. It is always fun to sit by a friend in the temple and we had fun going to Burgerville together for dinner after! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!