Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Kicking Cancer's Butt

I don't know that I've posted about this before or not, but in February, 2012, Eric's dad was diagnosed with Stage 4 Metastatic Melanoma. He was basically given a few months to live. You can read about the journey over on Eric's parents' blog. To cut an incredibly miraculous story short, through faith, prayers, diet, and an experimental drug, the cancer not only stopped spreading, it is gone. He stopped treatment a year ago and the cancer has still not returned. Today, we had the privilege of visiting his doctor, Dr. Urba, and touring the research facility/hospital where Mark was treated.
What an incredible blessing to be able to have Mark still be a part of our lives, influencing us, and the world for that matter, for good. He is such a thoughtful man who goes out of his way to send compliments and well wishes to my little family. Thank you, Dad, for your sweet and caring nature. 
And thank you, Lord, for granting us more time with him. I know you miss him and are probably anxious to bring him home and I appreciate you sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!