Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sick Kiddo

Aaron's been sick for ... well ... a very long time.

He got a cold which led to his surgery site getting infected and then another cold and a rash ... and he's still on antibiotics for the infection.

Recently, it has really started to affect his sleep. He fights us when we try to put him down. He'll wake during the night for food and then not go back to sleep for another 2-3 hours. He doesn't want to play, usually... he just wants to be held and patted but if you stop he gets upset.

Last night was exceptionally rough. He woke at 1:30 and I fed him and tried until 3:30 to put him back to sleep until I was too tired to continue so Eric took over and brought him to me at 6 for my turn. Rather than go back to bed, Eric went in to work. I finally got Aaron to fall asleep a little after 7 and he woke at 9. Now, usually he does a 2 hours awake 2 hour nap cycle (except at night) so he should have gone down for another nap around 11 but he fought and fought. He finally went down a few moments ago (it is 1) and this is how he fell asleep...

He wanted to watch his youtube videos but he didn't want to sit on the couch with me. And he wanted to be held but wanted to sit on his own... (poor kid is so miserable) So this is the position he fell asleep in. I worked on the computer while he watched his videos till he drifted off.

 Sorry the pictures aren't great - I took them myself but I didn't want to move too much and accidentally wake him. He is down for a nap now. Cross your fingers he wakes up feeling a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!