Monday, April 4, 2011

Things I Look Forward to Most

Ok, though I am obviously very nervous about having this child, I am more excited! Part of me is excited to be a mom while the other part of me is excited to not be pregnant anymore...

Here are the things that I look forward to most:

  1. "Compliments" being about my hair, shoes or clothes again! Right now they are centered around the belly... things like being compared to Pooh Bear or "you look like you're gaining weight in your face" (yikes!) or "holy crap, you're huge" (said by one of my students) or perhaps the worst "you don't even look pregnant" (what, was I this fat before???) sheesh...
  2. Getting rid of my new red, dry, itchy, blotchy complexion and getting my fair one back.
  3. Having my hair grow at a reasonable rate. Though I like the hair on top of my head growing an inch a month, I would like my eyebrows, leg hair, etc. to grow slowly again...
  4. Having a reason to not be able to sleep. Right now, I am plagued with insomnia that consists of me being too tired to get up and do something but unable to sleep. I recognize that I'll be up nursing, etc. once the baby is born, but at least I'll be doing something productive.
  5. Dancing again. I don't get to dance much now because I tire too quickly.
  6. Taking the low ground back as my territory. Obviously, before the pregnancy, the high shelves were Eric's territory and he was required to get things down where as the low ground was my territory and I was required to pick things up or crawl in small spaces to plug in the computer... Now, Eric controls both seeing as bending over is becoming increasingly difficult.
  7.  Fewer pains - nausea and headaches still alternate throughout the day. Though I am doing much better now, those still haunt me. As well as the all but favorite, back pains. And you can't forget the heart burn that causes a constant lump in my throat - I can't ever eat something I don't like cause I'll continue to taste it all day! Plus the constant congestion (with how often I "practice" blowing my nose I bet I could beat anyone in a contest to see how far one could shoot a mint from their nose)... and my inability to take deep breaths... and the hormones (oh, the hormones!)
  8. Having a normal sized, non-squished bladder... I often tell Eric how jealous I am that it takes him so long to pee! 
  9. Being able to rough house again. If I get roped into rough housing (which is usually my fault - I provoke it) I end up throwing up because of being picked up and chucked around (which I enjoy and I enjoy attempting to do the same to others, but the end result is not nearly as fun...)
  10. Holding my baby - I definitely look forward to holding my baby.
Don't get me wrong, I am very excited to be a mom and am more than willing to go through my fair part in bringing my child into the world... and I recognize that compared to some I have had a very easy pregnancy. But, I'm not a saint - and I do look forward to having me back...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!