Thursday, April 14, 2011

I Love My Husband

I know - most of you don't want to read these "sappy" posts... but I want to tell you a story.

I don't know how many of you have seen The Blind Side (it is a great movie) but there is a scene in it that I would like to reference before I begin my story.  The scene I want to reference is when the family first meets "Big Mike." They are driving along in their car and see him on the side of the road. After asking where he is headed they continue driving. About 3 seconds after they leave, the mom (Sandra Bullock) says "Turn around." The husband, without even questioning, immediately turns the car around. The mom then goes and invites "Big Mike" to get in the car and takes him home. Again, no questions from the husband. Every time I see this scene I think to myself "what a wonderful husband."

Now, my story. Last week I was talking to Eric while he was on his way home from work and his phone died. Depressed, I stared at my phone. That's when I got a message that my sister needed me, immediately. With no way to contact Eric I sat and waited looking anxiously out the window. As he began to pull up I ran out the door and jumped in the car - he was not even halfway into the driveway. No questions asked, he put the car in reverse, pulled back out of the driveway. I told him we needed to go to my sister's and he put the car in gear and headed out. Again, no questions. He was willing to blindly follow me wherever I felt we needed to go.


My husband is incredible - I look in the mirror and see The Creature from the Black Lagoon and he will see something completely different... I always worry about my ever increasing size, but he just gets excited. He is super happy that we are having a baby and finds me more attractive each day.

I am so grateful to have found Eric and I am so lucky that he asked me to marry him.

1 comment:

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!