Thursday, March 20, 2014

Such a Goofball

Aaron is such a goofball. He really is. He is obsessed with the temple. I asked him one night what he "wants to do tomorrow," and his reply was, "we go to the store tomorrow, but I need to get married in the temple first." We also just finished reading the kids scriptures with him all the way through. We have stuck with our method of reading a phrase and having him repeat it back to us. I feel this helps him internalize it (and helps with his enunciation of words when he's trying to say things like Liahona and Zoromites, haha!). When we started, the book was pristine. Now it is trashed, but in a good way. When Aaron wakes up at night, we see him (over the video feed) get up and grab his scriptures if he is scared. He pulls them in bed with him and reads them talking about Nephites and Jesus and Joseph Smith pointing at the pictures. When he is calm, he will lay down clutching the scriptures close and snuggles into his blanket. I am amazed that even at his age the scriptures bring him such comfort. This is something I need to strive to find in myself and to teach my other children. I hope they all love and cherish the scriptures, the way he does now, for always!

He has such a tender heart. If he hears Audrey cry he calls out, "Don't worry Audrey! I coming!!!" as he races off to be her hero. And if he hears another child cry he will slowly grow agitated. It has happened where a child was crying and he exclaimed, after I told him her mama would take care of her, "but I have to help her!!!"

Right now, our main struggle with him is keeping him in our home... He has a habit of  going out the front door and playing without our knowledge. One neighbor brought him home to us and another time I discovered he had left his playroom (naked as the day he was born) and gone out to play with the neighborhood kids right as Eric came home.  Yikes. We are looking into ways to prevent him from going outside. Yeesh. What a crazy kid!

Aaron can pull himself up onto this windowsill without anything to stand on - and he's speedy quick too! When I found him, he posed for me. I couldn't help but snap a few photos! 

You thought I was kidding about how fast he gets up there, didn't you?

Doesn't he look like he's plotting something? Later after this picture, he told me he wanted to get in the car to go see Eli ... I bet he was plotting how to drive to see his best friend!

 With everything going on in our back yard, Aaron gets dirty all the time. He loves to pick me "flowers" and play in the mud. Some days he gets more than one bath/shower... and he loves it!

 This pile is Aaron hiding from me to take a late nap. Bahaha. It totally worked too!










Ever since Eric hooked up the water in the back, Aaron can't talk about anything but playing with the water with Daddy, haha! 

He loves to spend time with his Dad. Every night he prays that "Mama go teach dance so I can hang out with Daddy and Audrey." He will then follow it up with going outside with Mama, Daddy, and Audrey so I don't feel too shafted ;) He is such an amazing kid. Everytime he opens his mouth people are astonished that he isn't older than he is. He is so advanced in his speech and his knowledge. I love him so much and am so glad he is a part of our family. I wouldn't trade him for anything!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!