Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Aaron's Amazing Announcement!

Guess who is potty trained?!?!?!?!?
That's right! This adorable little guy!

I feel bad because he was totally ready back when he was 14 months ... But we had a long vacation to Utah and then California and back to Oregon and I didn't want him potty trained for that (can you imagine a toddler screaming "potty!" for 50 hours worth of driving???). And then I got pregnant and sick so I couldn't help him. Then came the noro virus and then moving ... *sigh* It is 100% my fault that the poor kid had to endure so long in diapers.

I had planned to quit diapers cold turkey when we got low on diapers, but he decided he was ready!
We tried on Friday because he kept asking to get on the potty, but he would sit there and nothing would happen... Finally, at end of day, I called my mom. She had a GENIUS idea - pour water on his little privates. I was skeptical, but if he sat on the potty for a little while first, pouring water on him made him pee instantly!

The weekend was crazy so we didn't do any potty at all - he just ran around with his normal diaper.
Then Monday, we started again. By end of day, he was telling me he had to go rather than me continually putting him on. He would sit down and go instantly. Pee and Poop! (sorry for the potty talk)
No fear, no problems, and no water needed!
He was so excited to show Daddy when he got home!

We still put a diaper on at night, which he hates, but we will switch to pull ups soon. Hopefully that will help. Once he is tall enough to be able to get the hang of getting on the potty on his own (meaning, climb up before making a mess right beside the potty) we will start the night time training.

Obviously, there will be accidents, but we are so proud of our little guy!
And you can tell, he is proud of himself too!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful. I, uh, hope you will destroy this picture and all reproductions before he enters middle school.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!