Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Mood Ring Experiment


Every morning when I get up I sift through my rings to see which one fits that will end up serving as my “I’m taken” notification to the world. (My fingers change size daily and so I have yet to find a ring that fits every day) Today, the ring that fit was a mood ring. 

Throughout the day, depending on what I was doing I would glance at the ring… it was pretty fun and so I thought I’d share with you what happened.

When I first got up and put on the ring, it was Emerald- Average Reading; Normal, Neutral, Fine, No Great Stress, Calm, Easily Amused, Alert, Involved, Sensitive, Tender, Ambivalent, Inner Disquiet

Later, I got on the computer to chat with Eric and the ring was Sapphire- Happy, Relaxed, Free, At Ease, Calm, Accepting, Optimistic, Lively, Joyful, Coasting, Peaceful, Contented, Pleasant, Moonstruck, Near Bliss, Warm, Giving, Lovable

The color didn’t stay very long, it quickly changed to Violet - Love, Romance, Heat, Passion, Sensual, Elated, Revitalized, Happy, Relaxed, Dreamer, Deep Thought, Keen, Intrigue, Mystical, Impulsive, Mischievous

I went to return a car part and the dealership told me that I couldn’t return it without the Ziploc bag it came in (even though I had the sticker that was on the bag). The problem was that I left the bag at the mechanic’s… So I went back and they couldn’t find the bag.  That’s when the ring turned Silver/Steel- Little Emotion, Neutral, At Rest, Cool, Unconcerned, Aloof, Inhibited, Sullen, Tired, Saddened, Depressed, Paranoid, Worried, Pessimistic, Very Nervous, Angst/Afraid

So I immediately called Eric. Which turned the color immediately to Sapphire- Happy, Relaxed, Free, At Ease, Calm, Accepting, Optimistic, Lively, Joyful, Coasting, Peaceful, Contented, Pleasant, Moonstruck, Near Bliss, Warm, Giving, Lovable

I then went on a journey of driving the car for 50 miles so that the internal computer would reset. As I drove and listened to music, the color was Indigo/Dark Blue - Ecstasy, Truly Happy, Deeply Relaxed, Inner Harmony, Tranquility, Jubilant, Bliss, Highly Passionate, Lovestruck, Very Romantic, Aglow, In Love, Sublime

After getting the car taken care of (it passed safety and emissions and there were no problems getting it registered!) and going to the doctor’s (learning that my doctor will be out of town on my due date, so she moved my due date up a week) I got home to find Eric had made dinner. That’s when the ring turned Ruby- Allured, Aroused, Love/Fiery Passion, Thrilled, Awestruck, Active, Adventurous, Excited, Anxious, Insecure, Fazed, Tensed, Alarmed

Now that Eric is quietly doing homework beside me, it is back to Violet - Love, Romance, Heat, Passion, Sensual, Elated, Revitalized, Happy, Relaxed, Dreamer, Deep Thought, Keen, Intrigue, Mystical, Impulsive, Mischievous

Now, I don’t put too much stock into these things – but it was definitely fun today to see how the ring changed throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!