Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The end to the car saga ... I hope

Drew
So, Eric gave me permission to jimmy-rig the car to pass inspection. (here are my car troubles) Rather than break more things by trying to take apart the dashboard and playing with wires, sharp objects, and matches... I called my cousin Drew. After he tried a few things we asked my dad for help.
Dad
After that we decided to pay the money to get it fixed at a mechanic's shop because jimmy-rigging it wasn't working. My dad has a mechanic he trusts and since he needed to get his car inspected, we both went this morning. He got his car inspected and I left my car at the shop. I had planned to just have them fix the mark light (the one where the dealership gave me the wrong part) but when I was filling out the paper work, the mechanic saw my paper work from Jiffy Lube talking about the stupid sensor light and apparently that has to be fixed too because apparently even though the light isn't always on, they plug the car up to a computer and the problem will still show up - light or no...

The mechanic laughed at me when I told him that I tried to do what Jiffy Lube suggested regarding getting the car fixed and I almost yelled at the poor man. By this time, I know the people at Jiffy Lube aren't mechanics and I know their advice isn't sound (I should have realized that when they suggested super glue)... I know I've done stupid things trying to get this car fixed. Next time I'll do a better job and it won't take me as long - but I don't need to be made fun of for being stupid, I already know that!

So, theoretically, by end of day today the car should be ready for me to take in to Jiffy Lube to pass inspection and then the DMV to register it ... so by end of day tomorrow I should have a safe, working car.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry Jess.... It is better to trust a mechanic than someone who thinks they know a lot because they change a lot of oil... I hope the car gets fixed and that you can stop worrying about it too much now. Love you!!! Hope you are feeling good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a call from my dad who was at the repair shop when they finished my car - it is done and I just need to pick it up. Thank goodness...

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!