Saturday, July 9, 2016

Avengers Assemble!

This year, Aaron wanted an Avengers party. Each child was invited to dress as a super hero of their choice (even if they aren't an Avenger). We hosted the party at Gramma and Grampa's home and it was spectacular! Due to the move, I didn't get started on anything until the night before. I went to 4 dollar stores collecting every Avengers thing I could find - I'd sort through them all and figure out party favors when I got home. I got home around 11, spent time with Eric until 12, and then it was time to go to work! I made a cake, an Iron Man poster with Arc Reactors, a Thor's Hammer, and salt-dough (kind of). Aaron dressed as Captain America and I dressed as Black Widow. (The kids adore the themed parties and me dressing up makes it all the better for them so, why not?)
First, using the frisbee golf set that Gramma and Grampa have, the kids practiced their Captain America shield tosses. Then, we played "pin the Arc Reactor" on Iron Man. Following that event, the kids practiced throwing Thor's Hammer into hoops, seeing who could land the hammer in the most hoops. The kids then did presents and the cake. 
Following that was the last activity - the Hulk Smash. I made salt-dough for the kids to build and then destroy. Unfortunately, the recipe I found online was terrible and no one was actually able to build anything - it was so sticky. However, they still had fun smashing it to bits!
Happy Birthday little man! Year 5 is looking to be terrific!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!