Monday, February 16, 2015

They Say the Darndest Things...

I thought I should do another post with things my kids are saying these days and give you some pictures to look at as you scroll down :)

Audrey is getting so smart, is really enjoying movies, and has several 2-word phrases now.
"Don't Go." (often, it is a 3-word phrase... "DADDY! DON'T GO!" as Eric leaves for work)
here they are waiting for Daddy to get home :)
"More Please." "Let Go." "Hi There." are some of her common phrases.
She rarely says, "yes." It is usually, "uh-huh" in a high pitched voice.
She has also started saying, "MINE" very loudly...Thanks, Aaron, for teaching her that one...
I guess when they are as close as they are, she's bound to pick up a few things... 
 
Gramma got them balloons (and other toys) for Valentine's day. They LOVED the balloons!
They also got treats from our neighbor
The other day, Aaron looked at Eric and exclaimed, "Daddy, you look like batman... *gasp* YOU ARE BATMAN!!!"
 Aaron enjoyed handing out his racecar Valentines on Saturday :) It was a date with Mama while driving in Daddy's car ... which is apparently always an adventure!
 
  I obviously haven't been feeling well and sometimes, my children start to beg for more attention when sword fighting from the couch isn't enough... The other day, Aaron said repeatedly, " Mama, if you want a car, you just need to ask me for it and then we can play! Mama... just ask nicely and I'll give you one! Mama, you can ask! Mama, ask me for a car so we can play ... MAMA! JUST SAY IT!"
After Audrey has decided she has finished dinner, she'll often get down and come climb in our laps to help us finish our meal, haha!

Despite being angry when Daddy leaves for work, Audrey likes to help him get ready. She particularly enjoys sharing her shoes so his toes aren't cold.
 When Aaron was Audrey's age, he had "interests." He enjoyed cars and a few other toys so when his 2 year birthday rolled around, we knew to throw him a Cars themed birthday. Audrey's interests include: blankets, stuffed animals, and music. While this is adorable, I can't really plan a birthday party around that. That being said, I've started turning on Tangled more often in hopes Audrey comes to LOVE it. 
Here are my 2 couch potatoes... The epitome of American civilization.
Seriously, they stayed like this for about 15 minutes before switching positions to continue watching.
 I think I'm brainwashing the wrong child though... The other day, Aaron and I were sitting on my bed eating pepperonis and string cheese. (we peel the cheese and wrap it in the pepperonis like little tacos) As he was eating, Aaron, after asking me if his wrapped cheese was perfect, started to gossip... "Rapunzel doesn't know that she isn't her mama! Her mama is the queen ... yup! Isn't that right mama?" and so our discussion continued, haha! Such a funny little guy.
 Last week, I spent a LOT of time on my feet so by the time Sunday rolled around, I was pretty much dead. Eric took the kids to church and then sent me pictures :) Audrey apparently wouldn't let him leave her alone in nursery so I got lots of pictures from there. Doesn't Audrey look adorable! I love the way Eric dressed her - he always does such a great job! 
 After church, Eric let the kids play in the field for a little while. Aaron gave Audrey a "flower" and she didn't drop it the whole time they were playing - she loved it so much!
 Upon arriving home, Aaron came up on my bed and I asked him what he learned.
In typical gossip fashion, he laid back, placed his hands behind his head and began to talk.
"I didn't listen to her today, Mama."
"Who, your teacher?"
"Yeah, I wasn't very good..."
"What did you learn about?"
"Jesus..."
"And?"
"And how we were in his house so we should be good... oops."
And here is a picture of our little girl!
I had several tests done this last week and several more planned for next week.
This ultrasound showed that my cervix is actually not short - thank goodness!
The outside of the cervix is dilated but the inside is mostly closed up so that is also good news.
But, we still don't know what is causing the cramping or my extreme exhaustion. Hopefully we'll know more soon. At least we've got some good news for now!
And don't worry ... I'm doing my part ... I've put on 27lbs so far ... yikes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!