Saturday, December 14, 2013

My Drummer Boy

...shall I play for you, pa rum pum pum pum,
On my drum?
Mary nodded, pa rum pum pum pum
The ox and lamb kept time, pa rum pum pum pum,
I played my drum for him, pa rum pum pum pum,
I played my best for him, 

pa rum pum pum pum,
pa rum pum pum pum,
pa rum pum pum pum,

Then, He smiled at me, 
pa rum pum pum pum,
Me and my drum

This holiday season, Eric was approached and asked to be in the Portland Ensign Orchestra and Choir. They hold a benefit concert every Christmas season. 
This year, it benefited a children's hospital.
What an amazing experience this was - Eric was incredible. It was so fun to go and watch him play!
There was one song, Star of Wonder Medley that he totally killed it on - so much that he broke a stick!
No one noticed, though, he flipped the stick around and kept playing.
It was also a blast to see him play with his friend, Brandon, the base player from Eric's old band, Joke #1

It was all I could do to not ask every stranger after the show, "Did you see the drummer? He was simply incredible, wasn't he?!? Oh, by the way, I'm married to him :)"
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!