Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Honest Opinions Please!

Ok - it was a rainy day today and I kinda got bored... as you can all see, that is a potentially bad idea.

First, I did some crafts. (I don't need your opinion on the "BOO" sign... I already am proud of that and know it is cute!) I made this sign using fabric scraps, foam pads, a wreath that I had in the back and a pompom with ribbon behind it to make a spider. I had found several wreaths online that I wanted to make but realized that I didn't have all of the materials to make any of them - so I combined the ones I liked to create this beauty!

Here is the first thing I need your opinion on... I made these pumpkins and I can't decide if I like them outside or not. They were easy to make. Just grab a toilet paper roll (for the big one) and the cardboard roll that holds ribbon (for the little ones), wrap batting around them and grab some fabric. Shove the fabric into the hole and voila!  A pumpkin. (For those who wish to make these - if you burn yourself with the hot glue, Google whether to pull it off right away or to wait... I kinda waited and it ripped my skin off... no bueno! Not sure if I should have done it instantly or if I should have waited longer...)


I know these can't sit by themselves outside so I spray painted an animal crackers container and a baby wipe container for them to sit on... what do you think?

Here's the whole ensemble.










The second opinion I need is my hair... I was doing my hair and thought it would be fun to have bangs... I already had "swoop" bangs but I thought perhaps it might look good to have the ones that go all the way across the forehead.  Now that I have them, I can't decide if I should keep them or let them grow out and pray they grow fast... (NOTE: I am not asking for an opinion on my terrible bathroom mirror picture taking abilities. I already know they are terrible...ly amazing!)

 If you need any of the pictures bigger to see better, just click on them and they'll open up enlarged.

2 comments:

  1. I like the pumpkins inside. You may decide to carve a real pumpkin and then put that on your cracker and baby wipe boxes. Second, I am not a fan of the bangs but maybe if you let the hair down from the clip that may make a difference. Otherwise I will pray for your hair to grow. Your crafts are amazing! Come be bored at my house anytime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like the pumpkins better as an inside decoration, I feel like they're a little on the small side for outside, but superly cute inside!! As for the hair, I think the bangs are cute, there is nothing wrong with the bangs--and change is always fun! I will say that I think the sweepy bangs suited you well though.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!