Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Painting Pumpkins

Look - let's be real here ... pumpkin carving with kids sucks.

No, you can't use the knife.
Please, don't eat that goop ... HEY! Don't throw it on the floor, either!
... Still can't use the knife ...
Just cause Mama and Daddy carve with the power-drill doesn't mean you get to.
Ask about the knife one more time and you're off to bed.
Here, have a pin and poke it, huh? Oh come on, don't look at me like that - poking it is fun!
and on and on and on ...

This year, we got to the whole pumpkin-ness-thing a little late and I was totally not up for the battle between sanity, safety, and mutiny. So, I decided we would just paint. I wouldn't exactly call it cheating ... I'd call it a getting creative mom win.

It was great. I couldn't be happier. Granted, each kid did a super cute picture on their pumpkin, and then, not knowing when to stop, continued to use every color over the top of it. Still, everyone had fun so, it's a win.
   
  Adelynn rather loved her pumpkin ... can I get a collective awwwww!
  Eric's epic space battle and my Starry Starry Night - pumpkin style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!