Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Craft/Decoration Update

I wasn't going to put these pictures up... I felt like I was bragging. But then I realized that most of my ideas come from people who posted pictures of their crafts on the internet, so I decided to post them in case your creativity gets sparked by seeing some of the things I've done recently...

I took pictures of my table decorations because we'll probably sell the table soon.
The stockings in the back corner have rocks in the bottom and stuffing inside so they stand up.
 The fabric is left over from my wedding. :D

Remember these little studs?



There used to be a different table here with the decorations placed differently but we sold it...
Our tree is small this year so I used some ornaments for decorations around the house.
 The snowmen are candles I saw at the dollar store and thought the lids looked like hats.
So I bought them and painted them like snowmen.
Kind of an oxymoron having a fire inside a snowman...


I made the wreath to replace the sign that used to hang on the door so that I could place that sign over Aaron's crib... it makes more sense there.


Since we sold the couch I rearranged the living room...
 See what I mean about the sign making more sense over Aaron's crib?
Again, I used some ornaments. :D


When we sell the coffee table, the tree will go over in this corner...
But this is how it looks, for now.


 These cones have a story:
I was looking for something to use as a rattle and thought of a plastic thumb tack container.
I saw some while I was at the dollar store and bought them.
When I got home I showed it to Eric and he gave me a look that said,
you clearly didn't think this through
and asked, "What are you going to use the tacks for?"
What was I going to use 900 tacks for?
So I made these. I had hoped that they would reflect the lights a bit better, but they're still cool.
**note: if you have a foam cone, use that instead of making a card-stock cone.
You won't poke yourself as much and you probably won't get blisters either.

This is where our tree is for now.

Since we don't have a couch, we moved the TV into the bedroom - which is awesome.
The only downside is now I don't know what to do with the pillow covers I made!

I bought the tack containers to use for rattles for these little babies.
I took out the tacks and put in some beads (I figured that if the kids got them open it would be really bad for them to find tacks inside and start eating them...)
The problem is that the tack containers were too big... it was impossible to put enough stuffing inside so that the corners of the tack containers wouldn't poke out.
So I went through the trouble of making those cones for nothing because I couldn't use the containers.
I used pill bottles and a pin container instead.

These I made for my nieces... They are flowers attached to bobby-pins.
There are also some bows attached to elastic to slide over a headband.
 No, this isn't all of the ones I made... I made some for my sister-in-law, my little sister, my neighbor, and myself... total there were over 90 flowers... Good thing they were easy!


And last but not least, I made these today.
I have a friend who is about to have a baby girl any day now and I wanted to make her something.
I thought headbands would be cute but I didn't have any cute elastic...
So I pulled the elastic tight and sewed on a ribbon. It will make a cute ruffle on a smaller head.
Poor Aaron did not like being my model for the headbands...


There, that is what I have been up to for the past while...
My next endeavors? I want to make stockings for our little family.
I just need to find the time to go to the fabric store!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!