Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Indoor Craft Day

It is GORGEOUS outside, but today I have people in my house fixing our heater (yeah... fixing the heater in the summer. Don't ask me) so I felt it would be better to stay indoors. Besides, the one time I went outside, I saw this --------------------------> and figured I should stay inside so that something else (besides me) gets buried in the grave...





At first it was noisy and I didn't want to add to the noise by running the sewing machine so I found a different craft to do. I made a 4th of July wreath! It took much longer than I planned because I was supposed to use card stock for the stars so that I could bevel them, but all I had was the right color paper and some green and purple poster board so I cut the stars out of paper AND poster board and then glued them together so that it would be sturdy. I added a few flags and voila! I'm very pleased with the result.

But, I had to get up before 9 since the heater guys were coming (my normal "wake up time" is 1pm) and so I still had a TON of time to kill considering the heater still wasn't done so I decided I didn't care about making more noise. So, I finished my baby quilt. YAY!!!  This first picture shows the quilt on my new rocking chair (yes, I know babies don't use pillows, but I had extra fabric).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!