Monday, March 14, 2011

Dance

It has been a long time since I have danced - since I put my heart and soul into perfecting something. Taking a small piece and working and sweating and bleeding till I hate it, but it is perfect; and then moving on to the next small piece.

Dance speaks to me in a way that I had forgotten. Every dance has a story and each story has meaning. Dance has a spiritual side for me, a side that helps me connect to heaven in a way most find unattainable.

I did all kinds of dance - Ballet, Jazz, Modern, Tap, Clogging, and Ballroom. Ballroom was my favorite and of all the dances included in the ballroom genre, Cabaret was my dance.

I do not regret the decisions I have made in my life, but I will always miss dance. Dance was a huge part of me.

There were 2 Cabarets that spoke to me this weekend - I have included a video of my 2 favorites in order of my favorites... They respectively placed 1st and 2nd in the competition.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!