Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Life isn't fair - it simply isn't fair, and I hate it!

Someone once told me that "fair is where you go to see the pigs..." well, that's bull - also found at a "fair."

I coach ballroom at an elementary school and we have a competition at BYU coming up. Because of the economy and several other factors, our program is very small.

In order to compete at BYU they had to qualify at a competition at UVU. My beginning team got bronze the competition before that so I warned them that they would have to step it up to be able to go to BYU -- and they did. They received a gold at the UVU competition.

They qualified for BYU but because I only have 3 boys they will not let my team go. We cannot borrow students from another school and my students are not allowed to dance 2 dances each to get the 6 dances at the competition. The directors made a decision and I feel that it was the wrong one - but I cannot do anything about it. What consolation did they give me? That at least my Level 2 students get to go... at least I can still take a team. How does that help my other class who qualified, and how does that help me feel better?

So now a team that did not qualify but has a bigger program will get to go instead of my team.

Thanks to pregnancy hormones, I have been crying off and on since I found out and now I feel really sick and completely miserable. I care about these kids so much and they have worked so hard.

I am a mama bear when it comes to my students so I am going to have to restrain myself when I go to my "teacher training" tonight because if I say what is going through my head... the kids won't have a ballroom teacher anymore because I'll probably lose my position. If I felt that such a thing would help my students, I would do it... but I can't see how taking ballroom away from them completely would make anything better.

So sorry if I seem cranky... I am sick, I am tired, Eric isn't home, I wanted brownie batter and couldn't get it and my kids got jacked. They got screwed and put on the back burner because the directors value policy over people.

Yeah, I'm ticked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Leave a comment!